Carolina Plantation Brown Rice al Fresco Salad
Submitted by CPR Family
Crisp carrots, cucumber, radishes and celery combine with fresh basil, mint and parsley in this honey-Dijon dressed rice salad. Served chilled or at room temperature, this versatile dish is perfect for al fresco dining alongside your choice of protein. Great with grilled meats.
- 2 1/2 cups Carolina Plantation Aromatic Brown Rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup seedless cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup (5 to 6 medium) radishes, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, choppe
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chile pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
In a large bowl, mix rice, vegetables and herbs. In a small bowl, mix vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle rice, vegetables and herbs with dressing and mix well.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.