Chicken and Carolina Gold Rice Casserole
Recipe submitted by: Walter Larry Stafford
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 stalk of celery minced
- 1 tsp. dried onion powder
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 small can of mushrooms
- 1 cup Carolina Gold Rice
- Chicken tenders, or boneless breasts or boneless thighs...your choice.
- 2 qt. casserole, greased or vegetable spray
Rinse chicken, dry, salt and pepper to taste.
Mix all the ingredients listed other than the chicken. Pour into casserole dish and place the chicken on top of the rice mixture. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour or until chicken is cooked and light brown. Rice will have absorbed all the liquid.
Serve with peas and carrots, the vegetable of choice or salad and warm
Easy and good.