Dove Portabella Mushroom and Venison Sausage Gravy over Rice
Submitted by CPR Family
- 2 cups Carolina Plantation Rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 16 dove breasts filleted
- 1 med. onion sliced and quartered
- 2 med. portabella mushroom caps sliced and quartered
- 1/3 lb. sausage (venison or regular)
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup of sherry
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 1 Tbsp of Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 8 oz. carton of sour cream (optional) salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350.
Brown sausage. Pour off fat.
Sauté onions and celery in butter.
Mix onions and sausage with soup, Kitchen Bouquet, sherry, rosemary, mushroom, and dove meat.
Place in covered baking dish.
Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Add sour cream and stir.
Continue baking for 20 minutes.
Put rice, water and salt in saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, turn heat to low.
Simmer without lifting lid for 18 minutes.
Fluff with a fork.