Shrimp Salad with a Lemon and Garlic and Dill Vinigrette
Submitted by CPR Family
For the rice:
- 2 cups Carolina Plantation Aromatic Rice
- 1 and 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons spicy French Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons crushed fresh garlic
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 1 pound fresh shrimp (any size), peeled, split lengthwise, deveined, cooked and chilled
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels, cooked on the cob, cooled and cut off
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 4 green onions, white and green parts sliced thin
- 1/3 cup fresh dill sprigs (cut from the main stem and sliced but kept somewhat large)
- Fresh dill (for garnish) Bibb lettuce cups (for serving salad, if desired)
To make the rice:
Immerse the rice in cold water, swish around and drain. Repeat this process. Place the rinsed rice, 1• cups water and salt in a heavy pot. Bring it to a boil with the lid on and allow to cook, without lifting the lid, for 12-15 minutes, or until all of the water has steamed off and the steam holes are present in the rice. Remove the rice and spread it out on a large pan to cool, fluffing frequently to release the steam and keep the rice from overcooking. Reserve.
To make the vinaigrette: In a stainless or glass bowl, mix together the mustard, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar and garlic. Slowly whisk in the oil until all is incorporated. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
To make the salad: Mix together the rice, shrimp, corn, celery, green onions and dill. Add three-quarters of the vinaigrette and toss. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Chill for a couple of hours or overnight. Add the remaining vinaigrette just before serving. Garnish with fresh dill and serve in Bibb lettuce cups if desired.