Submitted by CPR Family
- 2 cups of cold cooked Carolina Plantation Rice.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Melted butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp. Salt Peanut oil Rosemary and Garlic Journey Cakes;
- Add 1/4 cup finely chopped rosemary and 1 tbsp. minced garlic to mixture.
- Or Tomato, Parmesan and Kalamato Olive Journey Cake
- Add 1 seeded finely chopped tomato,
- 1/2 cup of minced Kalamato Olives to mixture.
- These Journey Cake recipes can be baked or fried.
Baked: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray large muffin pan with Pam and fill each cup half full with mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until brown around edges Makes 12 muffin cakes.
Fried: Fill medium frying pan with 1/4 inch of peanut oil. Heat on medium high. When oil is ready, drop spoonfuls of mixture into oil like small pancakes. Fry on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately (Approximately 20 fritter cakes)