Polenta Tart with Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Submitted by CPR Family
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground dry cornmeal
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 pint sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil a 10-inch tart pan with removable base with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
Combine cornmeal with water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese and continue to stir 3 to 5 minutes longer. Transfer cornmeal to prepared tart pan. Spread it evenly over bottom and up sides of pan. Bake until dry and crisp on edges, about 30 minutes.*
Remove from oven and spread a thin layer of goat cheese over crust. Arrange cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes on top of the cheese. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until the cheese is softened and tomatoes are heated through.
Before serving, remove the sides from the tart pan and sprinkle top with basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
*Can be used as a base for any toppings.